Black 2-3oz Chèvre Mysore Goat Leather Hide
These rich and dark black hides are made specifically for handbags. Chèvre Mysore hides have a large, uniform grain pattern. When you’re making a handbag, you want a consistent grain pattern and these hides are selected specifically for that purpose. Compared to Crispe hides, they have more of a matte finish. Mysore hides are available in limited quantities.
These Chèvre Mysore hides are 100% vegetable tanned with mimosa bark by a tannery that dates back nearly 100 years. They feature a semi-aniline coloring which adds pigmentation to the foundation of the hide and results in a more uniform surface that gives you flexibility for how you use the leather.
Unlike cheaper semi-aniline finishes, the Mysore hides still reveal a very good amount of the natural leather grain with the added bonus of better protection from color loss and wear.
Mysore hides have a light top-finishing so you can choose whether to add additional dirt and moisture protection of your own. This means that the vegetable tan base can still be burnished for edges. Of the three different kinds of Chèvre, Mysore has a more matte look for a subtler look and feel.
All of our Chèvre leather is full grain without any buffing, splitting or correcting. This means that only clear skins make the grade and all of the details and grain are the natural features of the hide.
- A stiffer temper relative to the thickness for sturdier construction.
- 1.2-1.4mm thickness for bags (and other items) with an outer and inner leather lining.
- 100% vegetable-tanning process.
- Easier edge burnishing.
- Semi-aniline coloring combining a natural look with color and wear protection.
- A bigger, more uniform grain pattern.
- More of a matte finish (compared to Crispe hides).
- Natural protection from color loss and wear.
- A unique Chèvre grain that has a refined, textured look.